What documents do I need to send outside the EU?

All items travelling outside the UK require commercial invoices. 

If you are sending goods outside the UK, you will be required to complete a ‘Customs Details’ form before finalising your booking. The information provided in the form will be used to generate your Commercial Invoice.

Once booked, you will need to attach your Commercial invoice to your order. This will be provided at the end of the booking process, along with your labels.

You will now also have to include HS Code information. To help users, suggested HS codes will appear on-screen automatically. These suggestions will be based on the description of the goods you entered.

Alternatively, you can manually search for the correct HS code within the booking process.

Why an accurate commercial invoice is required

The main commercial invoice requirement is that you complete it accurately before you ship your goods. There are a few reasons for this:

  • It prevents any hold-ups with your shipments (as incorrect information could lead to delays)
  • It ensures your goods are correctly classified and the right taxes and duties are paid
  • There are legal requirements to complete these correctly

Was this answer helpful?